Thursday, April 2, 2009

I Could Never Live On My Own

I've recently realized just how much I appreciate having a roommate. Of course I miss Sam whenever we're separated, but it's usually me who's gone while she stays home. Now, I'm in her place while she's visiting her mom during our Spring Break. Man, I really miss her! It's different when she's just gone to work, because I know she'll be back later in the evening. It feels so weird to sleep in an empty apartment.

It's strange because I do all of the same things that I do when she's here, but it all seems just a little more pointless without someone else to share it with. Am I just being a sissy? Regardless, I can't wait till she gets home. It's a good thing I have Belle here with me, she keeps me company! Although, she's suddenly decided that 4 in the morning is a great time to tear around the house meowing like crazy! Sometimes she can be a stinker, but she makes up for it in cuteness!

4 comments:

mywest said...

It gives a new meaning to home alone... Keep busy doing what makes you happy. Read, watch a movie or ??? When will she be back.

Shawna said...

It helps when you are friends with the person that you live with, however some people are just happier living alone while others like the social interaction. Its good that you like having a roommate though...someone to split the bills with is always a good thing!

Yancy said...

i hear ya. Leah was out of town again last week for 5 days and it was killer.

ps - did you take that picture?

Lucie said...

Yancy- No, but I wish I'd taken the picture, it's amazing! I just found it on Google! :)