Wednesday, September 2, 2009

New Job

Well, my first day was pretty boring. mainly consisted of filling out paperwork, and going through an online orientation. I'm guessing Saturday will be a bit funner since we'll actually be out on the floor. I was training with two other new boys, and they were pretty nice. The great thing about this job though is that we can wear normal clothes. We also get benefits too, although I'm not completely certain as to what that entails. We also get to check out 2 books each week to take home and read if we want, as long as there's multiple copies in the store. All in all, I think it's going to be an awesome place to work, and I'm glad I landed it.

3 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

Again, congrats...

shoezimm said...

Okay...the checking out of books cinched it for me....I need a part time job at Borders!

♥Miya said...

That's so awesome! I've always wanted to work at a bookstore...and not that crappy college one, that one didn't count.

If they have any info on the benefits (like brochures or whatever) will you let Roy take a look at it? I'd like to know what sort of stuff they offer for their part-time employees!