Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Long Awaited Update

I've been meaning to update my blog for a while but I've been so busy lately, and then when I do find the time, I'm too tired. So, sorry all, but here's the scoop on what's been happening.

Apparently Spokane is a much smaller town than I imagined. I met a long-lost cousin the other day. Got some packages from Shawna about a week or so ago, and when the UPS driver knocked on my door (consequently waking me up, so you can only imagine what I look like when I open the door!) he looks down at the name on the package in his hands, then up at me. This is relatively how the conversation went:

"Are you Lucie?"

"Yes, that's me"

"Oh, I think I might be related to you!"

*sleepy shock* "Really?"

"Ya! Do you know Randy Scott?"

"Ya, he's my uncle."

"Oh, he's my dad!"

"Whoa! Crazy!" (That's all I could really think of to say!)

After that, I basically apologized to him for having to meet his little cousin when she looked like something that'd crawled out of the depths of something dark, deep, and nasty. He said it was no big deal, handed me my packages, made me sign for them; then we both said "nice to meet you" and went our own ways. He never did tell me what his name was though, which I thought was kinda funny! It wasn't until later when I called Shawna that she told me it was Jeff Scott. Pretty crazy huh?

In other news, me and Sam went to see a movie a little while ago. I won't say which one because it's a movie probably most of my family members wouldn't approve of, but it was freaking hilarious! I hadn't laughed that hard during a movie in a long time; plus we got to see it for free which was a definite plus! American Eagle Outfitters was doing a deal where you could go in and try on a pair of jeans and get a free movie ticket, so both me and Sam tried on a pair and got 2 tickets!

That same day I saw some of my old friends from high school (when I say it like that, I sound so old!) so it was nice getting to see them again! I also bought myself a poster, cuz my walls are too empty and I felt like giving myself a present. We stopped by Spencers and took a look at their poster section. Of course Sam drooled over all of the ones of Dante from "Devil May Cry" (he's her favorite video game character ever!) but I was beginning to get discouraged when we were nearing the end and I still hadn't found anything I wanted. Then, like a miracle he popped out at me! I saw a poster for the video game of "Resident Evil 4" which is one of my favs. I desperatly went to the rack and started looking for him, but my hopes fell when I noticed that they were all gone. Then I glanced over at the slot next to the one I was searching in, and found it! He was the last one, and in the wrong slot to boot; but Leon Kennedy is now hanging happily in my bedroom!

Had quite an eventful day today. I finally beat the boss battle in "Devil May Cry 3" that Sam couldn't get past which was quite an accomplishment in itself! It's pretty silly, because I have trouble with the boss battles in "Kingdom Hearts" (which is such a happy, silly game) and usually have to end up asking Sam to help me; and yet when I play "Devil May Cry" (which is such an intense, dark, serious game) I have no trouble at all! Does that seem weird to anyone else?

I also finally got my books for college today, so I'm almost ready for school to start. Just a few more things (not to mention getting my sleeping schedule in order) and I'll be set. I'm pretty nervous about Monday which is the first day, but I'm hoping it'll get easier once I start.

Me and Sammy got quite an eyeful this morning. There were 3 guys scraping paint off of an apartment building across the street from out building, and we could clearly see them out our living room door. One of them decided to ditch his shirt on the ground, and all the sudden Sammy declared that it was about time that we hung up the new Halloween wind-sock on the patio that we'd bought a few days previously! So, now we have a cute wind-sock with bats hanging on our porch, and the discovery of our sexy, ripped neighbors!

Wow, I had a lot to talk about! I'm sure I forgot about something, but my hands are cramping up anyway (probably from all the video games I've been playing lately!) so I guess this is all for now. I shall try to write again soon!

2 comments:

shoezimm said...

You know....you need to snap some pics of your new place and text them over to me......and let me guess....was the movie "Pineapple Express"?

Danielle said...

That is funny! Jeff is cool, I saw him a year and a half ago in Chewelah.