Friday, September 5, 2008

Possessed Betta

My fish has turned evil. He officially hates me, which is so upsetting since I'm crazy about him! He's so adorable, even when he's pissed! Anyway, I think he's just upset because he's been taken away from his home and shoved in a new place. Lately he's been flaring up his gills whenever I get to close to his vase, and he tries to attack me through the glass! He's been making all sorts of bubbles too, and they were collecting up at the top of the water before I cleaned his vase the other day. I'm telling you, it's amazing how many bubbles that fish can produce when he's upset! After I cleaned out his vase yesterday he calmed down a little, I just hope that over time he'll return to his old self.

In other news, I now finally know what books I'll need for college. Me and Sam are splitting the cost of our $97 Math book, and then the only other book I'll need is a $6 little book for English, so all in all my books shouldn't be too expensive! Of course, I don't know what the cost of art supplies will be for my Fund. Drawing class, but I hope it's not too much.

Started decorating my room yesterday. It's amazing what a few posters on the walls will do to a place! I'm beginning to feel more at home here; although it seems like every day me and Sam find something else that's wrong with this apartment. It's not "bad" for the first apartment we've ever owned, but it's still pretty ridiculous some of the things that are wrong here. Lets just say that there are various things missing around the place, and the landlord completely lied through her teeth when she told us that the apartment had been cleaned before we moved in.

Me and Sam almost got lost on the bus route yesterday! :D Well, first we almost missed the bus outside out apartment building, so the driver was kindof upset with us, and then we had to ask her if we'd missed our stop (we were trying to find the nearest library) and she kinda acted like we were stupid. Maybe she was just having a bad day, or maybe she was upset by the way we looked. (Both us us were pretty lazy yesterday, so we didn't wear very flattering clothing!) Anyway, once we got off of that buss, we had to transfer to another one to reach the library, but we didn't know which side of the street we were supposed to be on! We had to call Sam's brother so he could tell us where the heck to go! Then of course when we were on our way home Sammy didn't trust me when I told her what direction the apartment was in. Thankfully it was the right direction, and we got home safe and sound (and starving as well!). She should have more faith in my sense of direction! :) So all in all, we had quite an adventurous day yesterday!

The steam cleaners were supposed to be here at 9 this morning to take care of the carpets. When they didn't show up we called the landlord and she told us that they could arrive at any time today, she wasn't sure when. I even got up at 8 o' clock this morning (quite an accomplishment for me!) so I'd be ready for them! A lot of good that did me. So, in the meantime our kitchen is totally packed cuz we shoved all of our stuff onto the linoleum to get it out of the way. My parakeet is particularly upset with having his cage in the kitchen!

1 comment:

Teachinfourth said...

The joys of home!

Glad you're settling in and surviving it all.