Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I'm So Tired!

Two updates in as many days! This must be a miracle right? Well, I survived the first day of winter quarter. Me and Sam got barely any sleep last night because we were both too anxious about the day ahead. That, on top of getting up at 6:30, on top of loads of homework, equals major fatigue! Our first class doesn't start until 8:30, but in order for us to get to class on time we had to take the 7:00 bus, which still made us a few minutes late for class! I must say though, the college is much less intimidating now that I've already spent some time there.

Me and Sam are enrolled in a Learning Community class, which basically means that two of our classes are combined into one (for those of you who didn't know). The classes are English 111 (Intro to Lit) and Sociology 175. This class is so much work! Especially considering the fact that school was delayed for a day because of the weather, so our teachers for those classes decided to catch up on our homework all at once! Tomorrow shouldn't be so bad though, since we'll be on schedule again. Our classroom has HUMONGOUS windows! I had to make sure that I sat with my back to them, because otherwise I'd never pay attention, especially since we're on the 3rd floor so we get a great view of the college campus.

Turns out that I did get financial aid this quarter, so that means I can stay in school! Hurray! The lines all around school were soooooo long! Me and Sam tried to get into the bookstore so we could get the books we needed for our homework tonight (since the teachers gave us homework right away, we don't have time to wait for our textbooks to arrive in the mail) and we probably spent about 45 min in total just getting 2 books and a couple rulers. Not to mention, on the way home the Division bus was really delayed. We waited for half an hour before it finally showed up. It really sucks not having a car, but with the conditions of the roads right now I suppose we're safer riding the bus.

Anyways, I gotta go pick up all my laundry that's hanging around the house. The dryers in the laundryroom never dry our clothes colmptely so me and Sam end up having to drape them all over the house! Plus, poor Sammy is cleaning the entire kitchen by herself, so I should save her from her torment. Our kitchen is filthy!

2 comments:

♥Miya said...

Eh, one day behind, that's not so bad. One time our math teacher got kidney stones and cancelled class for a month. When she came back, the first thing she did was have us take a test on material she hadn't even taught us yet! We tried to explain it to her that we didn't understand the material but she just said, "Well, didn't you read ahead? You should know this!" Needless to say, almost everyone failed that semester (I only JUST passed clinging madly to a D) and she got some REALLY bad reviews come Teacher Evaluation time at the end of the year!

Lucie said...

That is so unfair! I sure hope nothing like that happens to me! I don't need any added pressure than what I already have!