Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What An Adventurous Day

Well, I thought things would be a bit easier today since we'd had one day already to catch up; but boy was I wrong! We had even more homework tonight than last night. I'm so glad me and Sam decided not to take our Health and Fitness class. We've got so much work to do from the 3 classes that we have now, that I don't think we could handle a fourth!

I've never come across so many problems with the bus system in one day! Me and Sam missed the 7:00 Division bus this morning, but there was another one that goes right in front of our apartment which was meant to arrive around 7:15. Well, we waited until 7:30, and when it didn't arrive, we decided to go down the street and wait for the next Division bus which was meant to arrive at 7:36. We got about 2/3 of the way down the street when lo and behold, the 7:15 bus we'd been waiting for all this time decided to finally show up! We turned around and ran back to the bus stop in time to catch it, and were finally on our way to school! Things went fine for a while, but as we were trying to turn onto a cross street, we got stuck; and I mean STUCK! The driver tried multiple times to get us out, (it felt like we were on the ocean with the way the bus was rocking back and forth) but to no avail. He even asked everyone to move to the back to see if that would help, but finally he had to resort to calling a tow truck. I must say, it was kindof exciting, I've never been towed before! Anyway we missed our entire first class. I feel really bad since we were late to his class yesterday too! Thankfully he's a super nice teacher, and very forgiving!

That's not all either, there's much more! On the way home from school the bus was so full that the bus driver had to deny some of the passengers from boarding! Me and Sam were stuck having to stand, and hung on to the handrails for dear life all the way to the plaza! We made a couple friends though as we struggled to keep from falling on our neighbors!

Walking Sam to work today I was amazed at how rude some of the drivers were on the road. I think it's safe to say that Spokane drivers couldn't care less about pedestrians! The entire city is a huge lake, and me and Sam got sprayed by passing cars on more than one occasion! The funny thing was, it almost seemed like a few of the drivers sped up when they passed by us. Do they see this as some kind of sport or something? 50 points if you can completely soak the pedestrian on the side of the street? Anyway, even without speeding cars me and Sam got our fair share of waterlogged shoes just from walking through all the puddles (or should I say "ponds", since puddles are usually small) since nobody shovels the sidewalks. Lets just say, I'll be happy when winter is finally over. All I want to do right now is curl up under a blanket and hibernate!

2 comments:

♥Miya said...

I wish I were a bear! You spend all fall stuffing your face and getting all nice and fat and then just sleep all winter. Now THAT is awesome!

mywest said...

Lucy,
Sometimes winter is like this...we all wish we could be somewhere else basking in the sun, but then reality wakes us up. We do what we have too. Are you working?